NOW HIRING: Teaching Assistant, Part-time
Applications due: July 23, 2021
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Location: 1708 Thierer Road, Madison, WI 53704
Number of hour per week: 25 hours per week
Supervisor: Just Bakery Program Coordinator
Under the direction of the Lead Instructor the Teacher Assistant helps create innovative lesson plans and enhance the learning environment for students. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with people, understands how different individuals learn and is dedicated to creating a nurturing learning atmosphere for every student.
● Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups.
● Enforce school and class rules to help teach students employment skills.
● Assist teachers with record keeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades.
● Teach National Restaurant Association ServSafe curriculum.
● Assist in teaching all curriculum, as directed.
● Serve as the Lead Instructor’s back up by knowing and delivering lesson plans or facilitating classes as needed.
● Collaborate with teachers to monitor the development of each student
● Communicate with teacher and keep them informed about students’ development and any changes to the regular day-to-day schedule.
● Perform sales duties at markets and churches as scheduled.
● Experience with Just Bakery teaching methodologies.
● Able to establish trust and credibility with individuals who’ve been involved with the justice system and/or exposed to trauma.
● Experience with Servsafe curriculum
● Quick learner.
● Ability to adapt teaching methods for individuals that don’t thrive in traditional learning environments.
Employee is eligible for a robust benefit package. Employee is eligible for paid vacation, sick-time and holidays based on schedule. Benefits also includes an Employee Assistance Program. Eligible for 3% increase after successful completion of orientation period.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 23, 2021.
JustDane is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.