Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest
Rules & Information
Do people say your cookies are too pretty too eat?
Well then, this is the contest just for you!
Registration & Entry Fees:
The early registration deadline for all of the competitions is Friday, February 14, 2020. The standard registration deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. All entries must be registered in advance.
Early registration allows WBA Members to take advantage of the lowest entry fees - starting at $30!
To register for this year's competitions, please click here to return to the main competition page.
- The Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest is open to students (up to one year of experience), beginners (up to 2 years’ experience), and professionals (2+ years’ experience).
- Competitors are allowed to submit multiple entries (3 total per category).
- Each entry may have multiple cookies, but must contribute to a single "theme" and must include at least 4 but not more than 6 total cookies.
- For the 3-D cookies, no more than 6 total cookies may be used to create a 3-D design. Finished product should not be larger than 12" x 12" x 12".
- The cookies will be judged based on the design only - NOT the taste.
- All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
- Competitors are responsible for bringing a plate or platter to display cookies during the competition. The piece used to display the cookies will not be factored into the judging. WBA will provide a paper plate for any competitor that doesn’t wish to bring their own.
- Cookies must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Cookies that violate this requirement will be disqualified from the competition.
- Judging to be held at the Pastry Studio at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th.
- Business cards or bakery logos may be placed on display following completion of judging.
- Cookie entries may be set up Monday, March 9th between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM. Any cookie entries delivered after 9:45 AM will not be judged, but placed for display purposes only. · All entries must be completed with final set up by 9:45 AM.
- Please include a short description of each cookie entry.
- All work will be done in a professional manner.
- Cookies may not be removed until 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020. Anything left after 9 p.m. will be disposed of. We are not responsible to return any items to competitors! No exceptions.
Judging & Awards:
- Judging for the Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest will be held at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th by a team of qualified judges selected by the Wisconsin Bakers Association.
- The judges will complete a comment sheet for each entry; copies of those sheets will be sent to each entrant within 10 days following the completion of the Midwest Foodservice Expo via your pre-registered e-mail address.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be announced at the WBA Awards & Appetizers Networking Evening on Monday, March 9th.
- All cookie entries will be judged professionally.
- Awards may include Honorable Mention, Bronze, Silver, & Gold Medals, and the Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest Trophy.
The Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest is held in conjunction with the Midwest Foodservice Expo and is presented in partnership between the Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA) and the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA). By entering the competition, the contestant fully releases all rights to photos, publication and other sources of media for all work produced exclusively for, during and in the complete time frame of the event. Contestant is subject to all registration fees, applicable taxes, and all other related expenses on behalf of him/her entering the above competition. Contestant agrees to abide by all rules set forth by the WBA for this competition. Contestant understands that the WBA, WRA, or any sponsors assume no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to displays or personal items at the Midwest Foodsservice Expo and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the WBA, WRA, and all sponsors from and against all claims, demands, costs, loss, damage, expense, attorney’s fees and liabilities growing out of, or arising from, caused or occasioned by his/her activities in the competition. Competition entry fees are non-refundable. All judges’ decisions are final.
Do you have any questions about the Decorated Cut-Out Cookie Contest?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 258-5552 for more information!