Wisconsin’s Finest Chocolate Chip Cookie
Rules & Information
Professional bakers are invited to compete in Wisconsin’s Finest Chocolate Chip Cookie at the 2020 Midwest Foodservice Expo!
MFE attendees will help select the People’s Choice winner and our professional judges will determine Wisconsin’s Finest Chocolate Chip Cookie! Judging will be based on taste as well as presentation. A short description of the cookie will be expected.
Registration & Entry Fees:
The early registration deadline for all of the competitions is Friday, February 14, 2020. The standard registration deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. All entries must be registered in advance.
Early registration allows WBA Members to take advantage of the lowest entry fees - starting at $30!
To register for this year's competitions, please click here to go to the main competition page.
- Wisconsin’s Finest Chocolate Chip Cookie competition is open to professionals (2+ years of experience) from a licensed and inspected food service facility (bakeries, cafes, grocery-stores, restaurants).
- Select your very best chocolate chip cookie to enter! Only one entry per bakery are allowed. This competition is limited to the first 8 signed up.
- Judging to be held at the Pastry Studio at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th.
- Each competitor must provide enough product for 200 1 oz. sample size portions of chocolate chip cookies. MFE attendees will vote for their favorite in a blind-tasting! Baking & Pastry Arts student volunteers will be handing out all of the samples.
- Set up for sampling in the Pastry Studio will begin at 12:30 PM on Monday, March 9, 2020.
- Sampling will begin at 1:00 PM in the Pastry Studio and will continue until 2:00 PM or all samples are gone, whichever occurs first.
- MFE attendees will be asked to sample one chocolate chip cookie from all of the competitors and vote for their favorite. Votes will be tallied after all sampling is completed.
- Each competitor must provide one dozen chocolate chip cookies for display. Entries may be set up Monday, March 9th between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM. Any entries delivered after 9:45 AM will not be judged, but placed for display purposes only.
- Competitors are responsible for bringing a plate, platter, or board to display cookies during the competition. The piece used to display the cookies will not be factored into the judging.
- All entries must be completed with final set up by 9:45 AM.
- Each competitor must provide one additional chocolate chip cookie for Professional Judging.
- Business cards or bakery logos may be placed on display following completion of judging.
- Please include a short description of the entry.
- Industry professionals will judge each entry based on standards of the product, taste, presentation, and saleability.
- All work will be done in a professional manner.
- All cookie ingredients must be edible.
- Cookie displays may not be removed until 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020. Anything left after 9 p.m. will be disposed of. We are not responsible to return items to competitors! No exceptions.
Judging & Awards:
- Judging will be held at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th by a team of qualified judges selected by the Wisconsin Bakers Association.
- The judges will complete a comment sheet for each entry; copies of those sheets will be sent to each entrant within 10 days following the completion of the Midwest Foodservice Expo via your pre-registered e-mail address.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be announced at the WBA Awards & Appetizers Networking Evening on Monday, March 9th.
- All cookie entries will be judged professionally.
- Awards may include Honorable Mention, Bronze, Silver, & Gold Medals, Wisconsin’s Finest Chocolate Chip Cookie award and People’s Choice. The award will be determined by the scores from professional judging. People’s Choice will be determined by the Expo attendees.
Wisconsin’s Finest Chocolate Chip Cookie competition is held in conjunction with the Midwest Foodservice Expo and is presented in partnership between the Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA) and the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA). By entering the competition, the contestant fully releases all rights to photos, publication and other sources of media for all work produced exclusively for, during and in the complete time frame of the event. Contestant is subject to all registration fees, applicable taxes, and all other related expenses on behalf of him/her entering the above competition. Contestant agrees to abide by all rules set forth by the WBA for this competition. Contestant understands that the WBA, WRA, or any sponsors assume no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to displays or personal items at the Midwest Foodsservice Expo and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the WBA, WRA, and all sponsors from and against all claims, demands, costs, loss, damage, expense, attorney’s fees and liabilities growing out of, or arising from, caused or occasioned by his/her activities in the competition. Competition entry fees are non-refundable. All judges’ decisions are final.
Do you have any questions about the Baker's Best Kringle Contest?
Contact us by email at email@example.com or call (414) 258-5552 for more information!