Now Hiring an experienced cake decorator and pastry chef
Must be able to work Wed-Sat
Lorelei Bittner’s Bakery
495 Interchange N
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Open Wed-Fri 7am-5pm Sat 7am-3pm
Essential Job Functions:
• Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working environment.
• Properly operate bakery equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., mixer, sheeter, molder, divider, rounder, cookie cutting machine, , scraper, scales, knives, oven, timer, rack, decorating tube, labeler, cleaning utensils, glazer, air brush, spatula, chemical resistant gloves and splash goggles) according to company guidelines.
• Operate equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., spatula, mixer, lazy susan, decorating tubes, air brush, cake projector, cart racks, chemical resistant gloves, and splash goggles) according to company guidelines.
• Follow and complete daily/weekly cake quantities to be decorated and sold, including special orders.
• Retrieve cakes from the freezer and prepare them for decorating.
• Ensure consistent quality and accuracy in decorating, follow approved decorating styles /create new decorations and ensure proper consistency for cream icings.
• Ensure a variety of product is prepared for maximum sales potential.
• Place cakes in proper containers and locations for sale or storage.
• Store overstock in freezer and remove stale product daily.
• Maintain a clean and organized decorating area and ensure adequate decorating supplies are maintained.
• Comply with, and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
• Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequent use of hands for squeezing motion, bending and twisting wrist, standing in one location, walking, turning, reaching, stooping/bending, squatting, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling up objects 100 to 200 lbs., hand to eye coordination. Occasional pushing/pulling objects 100 to 500 lbs.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
• Sound judgement/decision making skills
• Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
• Willingness to take initiative
• Strong attention to detail
• Neat and organized